INTERPRETER RELATIONS INTERN
Global Village Language and Cultural Solutions
By interning for the Global Village Language and Cultural Solutions Program, the Interpreter Relations Intern will enhance the overall quality and productivity of our interpreting services. This position is a behind the scenes look at the interpreting profession and what goes into facilitating an interaction between people of different cultural and linguistic backgrounds. With our repertoire of over 200 languages and rare dialects, the Interpreter Relations Intern will gain insight into the growing diversity of San Diego County.
• Recruit interpreters from a variety of languages.
• Create interpreter related trainings to enhance quality of services.
• Conduct and grade interpreter assessments.
• Organize interpreter files to ensure completeness.
• Checking files for completed interpreter information.
• Contacting interpreters for any needed paperwork.
• Uploading vouchers online for interpreters
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Detail oriented and highly organized individual.
• Majoring in Communications, Business Management, Linguistics, Public Relations, or a related field.
• Ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision.
Interns will have the opportunity to gain professional development as vital contributing members of the Language and Cultural Solutions team. Although this position is unpaid, we are happy to provide an internship description and verification to help you attain college credit for your internship.
To apply, please email a completed Volunteer Application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.