The VITA Program offers free tax assistance to individuals who meet certain qualifications. Volunteers help prepare basic income tax returns for low-income taxpayers or those with special needs such as the elderly, non-English speaking persons, and persons with disabilities. We offer assistance in following languages: English, Arabic, Spanish, Swahili, Dari, Urdu, Farsi, Karen, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Korean, Gujarati, Hindi.
For more information please contact Krupa Acharya at (619) 286-9052 ext. 247
Our operating hours are (February 1 to April 17): Mondays: 4:00 pm-8:00 pm, Wednesdays: 4:00 pm-8:00 pm, and Saturdays: 9:00 am-1:00 pm. To schedule your appointment, please call Krupa Acharya at (619) 286-9052 ext. 247 or call 211.
My Free Taxes - do it yourself for free: If your household income in 2016 was $54,000 or less, you can file your state and federal tax returns, please click HERE to file taxes for free. At our VITA site you can have access to a computer and have assistance to file your taxes yourself!
Taxpayers must bring to the VITA Appointment:
• Proof of identification – Picture ID
• Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration or
• Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents
• Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
• Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
• Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc from all employers
• Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
• A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
• Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for Direct Deposit, such as a blank check
• Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number (the provider's Social Security Number or the provider's business Employer Identification Number) if appropriate
• Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
• To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.